Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Need a Reasonable Accommodation in Pennsylvania - What Can I Do?

Philadelphia Area Reasonable Accommodation Law Firm

John A. Gallagher is a Highly Experienced Disability Attorney With Offices in Delaware County, Chester County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Recently, we talked about Family and Medical Leave, which provides you with 12 weeks of unpaid leave and job security. Another law, the Americans With Disabilities Act, also protects people with serious health conditions. It does not authorize a long term leave, however. It does require that that Pennsylvania companies make reasonable accommodations so that you may continue to do your job.

John Has Made A Video On FMLA:

What is a Reasonable Accommodation?

There are many, such as purchasing equipment (bigger computer screen, office equipment, warehouse equipment, etc.), moderate alterations of work schedules or work locations, short term leave for medical appointments or recovery from illness. The key is that 1) you must specifically request a reasonable accommodation; 2) you will probably need to provide medical certification that the accommodation is necessary; and, 3) the accommodation must enable you to perform your job. The ADA does not require an employer to transfer you to another position; it requires employers to work with you, upon your request, to come up with a reasonable solution that will permit you to do your current job.

Employment Law Firm With Offices in Paoli, Exton, King of Prussia, Plymouth Meeting, Radnor and Philadelphia Gives Free Consultations for Americans With Disabilities Act Issues

Companies are not always willing to offer a reasonable accommodation. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, you will want to strongly consider retaining an attorney. If you live in the Philadelphia area, and need legal advice on reasonable accommodations, call us today. We will discuss the matter with you and discuss your options at no cost.

Pennsylvania Family Leave and Disability Attorney

John A. Gallagher, Esquire
Helping Individuals Since 1991
John A. Gallagher is an employment lawyer who represents employees in Pennsylvania.

Click Here if you have questions about any aspect of employment law, from wrongful termination, to wage and overtime claims, to discrimination and retaliation laws, to Family and Medical Leave…

Click Here if you have questions about any aspect of Pennsylvania Unemployment Law, from willful misconduct, to voluntary quit, to Referee Hearings, to severance issues…

Thanks for checking in with us.


Unknown said...

When choosing different lawyers to consult with initially, you will want to evaluate them on years of experience, specialization within disability law (for example, Social Security Law, employment discrimination, and so on). Also, take into consideration any other information you've heard about their abilities.

thanks a lot for sharing

Unknown said...

Can you collect unemployment if you quit due to being put in a higher level position and never recieve the pay raise for that position. I have been told I was going Rio get and have asked for it but haven't received it and it's going on the months.