Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Do I Have To Pay Back a Non-At Fault Overpayment to Pennsylvania Unemployment?

Pennsylvania Unemployment Lawyer With Offices in Paoli, Exton, King of Prussia, Plymouth Meeting, Radnor and Philadelphia

At the Gallagher Law Group, we represent only individuals with workplace rights issues. Call 610-647-5027, e-mail me directly or send an e-mail inquiry via the "Fill Out My Form" box to the upper right of this page. We will respond promptly with an analysis of your situation, and discuss potential options going forward at no cost to you.

If you need a Pennsylvania Unemployment Attorney with substantial experience, John A. Gallagher has bee practicing Employment Law in Pennsylvania since 1991.

Visit http://www.johnagallagher.com/.

Non-At Fault Overpayments Under Pennsylvania Unemployment Law

Generally, a non-at fault overpayment takes place when you initially received benefits but were later denied benefits because the employer fought your claim and you lost a hearing before an Unemployment Referee. Usually, this occurs when you are determined to have engaged in "willful misconduct," or that you quit your job without a "necessitous and compelling reason" to do so,  This issue is finally decided at a Referee Hearing, so if you have a Hearing coming up, you may want to seek legal counsel.  In many cases, we not only win the overpayment issue, we also win you benefits going forward!

If you have received a non-at fault overpayment, you do not have to pay back what you received UNLESS you file for Pennsylvania Unemployment within 3 years of the date of your first overpayment..

The Gallagher Law Group Routinely Handles Pennsylvania Unemployment Appeal Hearings for Individuals  in Communities such as Malvern, Exton, Frazer, Paoli, Bryn Mawr, Devon, Strafford, Oaks, Royersford, East Coventry, Spring City, Douglassville, Limerick, Phoenixville, Downingtown, Lionville, Springfield, Broomall and Surrounding Areas

If you have a question about your alleged non-at fault overpayment in Pennsylvania, call us today and we will discuss your matter at no cost to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had been granted unemployment initially, then the decision was reversed resulting in a non fault overpayment. This was in 2009. Can you tell me what I would have to do in order to collect unemployment again? Would I have to pay it all back at once, or would I be able to pay it back gradually? I've looked on the Internet everywhere and can't find out what I have to do.