Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Am I Self-Employed and Therefore Eligible for Unemployment Compensation Benefits Due to Coronavirus-Related Business Complete Shut-Down or Significant Loss of Income?



This is the Way 

You Are Self-Employed if You are a Principal Shareholder in an Incorporated Company, an Owner 
Operator of an Unincorporated Business or a Gig Worker Who Does Freelance Work

UPDATE:   On April 18, 2020, the Pennsylvania Department of Labor published the self-employment unemployment application!  Click Here for the Link to Apply for Unemployment in Pennsylvania if you are self-employed, an independent contractor or a gig worker.



HERE ARE SOME OTHER LINKS YOU MAY FIND WORTHWHILE:

Should I Hire a Lawyer for My Unemployment Appeal Hearing in Pennsylvania?

Unemployment Appeal Hearings by Telephone in Pennsylvania - The New Norm - And Why You Want to Consider Hiring Legal Counsel

Pennsylvania Unemployment Lawyer - Willful Misconduct Referee Hearings

Seven Things to Know About The Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation Board of Review

I Want to Quit My Job and Get Unemployment Benefits in Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Unemployment Determination of Financial Eligibility - PENNSYLVANIA UNEMPLOYMENT LAWYERS

How Do I Complete an Application for Unemployment Compensation Benefits in Pennsylvania - Did I Resign or Was I Fired?  What is a Reduction in Force Versus a Layoff?

 What is a Necessitous and Compelling Reason for Quitting my Job Under Pennsylvania Unemployment Law? Philadelphia Unemployment Lawyers Explain

The Burden of Proof in a Pennsylvania Unemployment Appeal Referee Hearing

Performance Appraisals, Performance Evaluations and Character Evidence at a Pennsylvania Unemployment Appeal Hearing -  Experienced Unemployment Lawyers Explains Why They Are Generally Irrelevant

Can I Get Unemployment in Pennsylvania if I am Out on Disability Leave? What are the Differences Between Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability?

 

I was Fired - What Should I Say on My Internet On Line Application for Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefits?

Pennsylvania's Unemployment Compensation Board of Review - Philadelphia Lawyers Who File Appeals With Unemployment Board of Review

Voluntary Retirement and Unemployment Compensation in Pennsylvania - Am I Entitled to Benefits if I Retire From My Job?

Should I Resign or Let Them Fire Me? What Happens If I Quit My Job?  What Rights Do I Lose If I Resign or Quit From My Job?

How Do I Complete an Application for Unemployment Benefits in Pennsylvania Via the Pandemic Portal If I am Self-Employed, an Independent Contractor or a Gig Worker?

 

Unemployment Applications for Self-Employed Business Owners, Independent Contractors and Gig Workers is Now Available in Pennsylvania

Have an Appeal Hearing Scheduled Before a Referee?
We Can Discuss Potential representation at No Charge to You
610-647-5027