Monday, April 8, 2013

Misclassification Answers: Can I Get Overtime if I Have Been Misclassified as an Independent Contractor?

W-2 or 1099?
Misclassified Workers May Sue for Overtime Benefits

If you have been classified as an independent contractor even though you are in fact an employee, you may sue for overtime compensation that you earned but were not paid.

Click Here to find out more about the factors to be considered in determining true employment status, and the benefits you may recover if you have been misclassified.

You must file suit in Federal or State Court, and prove: 1) you are in fact an employee and not independent contractor; and, 2) you are not exempt from receiving overtime under applicable State or Federal law.

Philadelphia Area Employment Attorney Representing Employees
Lawyer Helping Workers Wrongly Classified as Contractor
Since 1991
John A. Gallagher is an employment lawyer who represents employees in Pennsylvania. 

John typically represents employees who need an employment lawyer in Philadelphia County, Chester County, Delaware County, Bucks County, Berks County, Lancaster County and Montgomery County.

Pennsylvania Employment Attorney Provides Free Telephone Consultations

If you are looking for an employment lawyer, and live in Malvern, Wayne, King of Prussia, Downingtown, Glenside, Doylestown, Radnor, Newtown Square, Exton, Philadelphia, West Chester, Skippack, Langhorne, Haverford, Nether Providence, Broomall, Drexel Hill, Reading or any of their surrounding towns, feel free to send me an e-mail or give me a call.  I am always glad to spend some time with people via a free telephone consultation.

Need an Employment Labor Lawyer Near Philadelphia?

Click Here if you have questions about any aspect of employment law, from wrongful termination, to wage and overtime claims, to discrimination and retaliation laws, to Family and Medical Leave

Click Here if you have questions about any aspect of Pennsylvania Unemployment Law, from willful misconduct, to voluntary quit, to Referee Hearings, to severance issues

Click Here to e-mail John directly.

Thanks for checking in with us.

No comments: