Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chester County Personal Injury Lawyer Discusses Impact of Injuries on Your Job

Personal Injury Lawyer With Offices Through Chester County, Delaware County and Montgomery County Pennsylvania

At the Gallagher Law Group, we represent only individuals who require contingent fee representation. Call 610-647-5027, e-mail me directly or send an e-mail inquiry via the "Fill Out My Form" box to the upper right of this page. We will respond promptly with an analysis of your situation, and discuss potential options going forward at no cost to you.

If you need an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney to help you, John A. Gallagher has been practicing Employment Law in Pennsylvania since 1991, and handles unemployment hearings on a regular basis. You may also visit our Website for more information about our Firm.

Our primary focus is on helping people with work-related problems.  Consequently, we routinely handle personal injury claims.  Where your employment is concerned, these claims fall into one of two categories: 1) you are injured at work; 2) your are injured outside of work in a car accident, slip or trip and fall, or as a result of some other form of negligence.  These injuries may affect your work indifferent ways.

Personal Injury Law Firm Helping People in Communities Such as Paoli, Malvern, Exton, Downingtown, Pottstown, Phoenixcville, Collegeville, Norristown, Lansdale, Broomall, Springfield, Radnor and Newtown Square

If you suffer a work injury in Pennsylvania, you may file for workers compensation benefits.  Under Pennsylvania law, it is unlawful to terminate you for seeking workers compensation benefits.  Workers comp is paid for by an insurance company.  You are entitled to be paid for yopur lost wages, present medical bills and future medical bills.  If you file for workers compensation benefits, you will want to examine your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act.  Even if you are hurt at work, you may still have a right to bring a third-party personal injury claim if your injury was caused by the negligence of someone other than your employer.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Chester County With Offices in Paoli (Main), Exton, King of Prussia, Plymouth Meeting, Radnor and Philadelphia

If you are hurt outside of work (that is, outside the course and scope of your employment), then you woulfd file a personal injury lawsuit against the party  that negligently caused your injury.  In such cases, you can recover your lost wages, out of pocket expenses for medical treatment, damages for pain and suffering and compensation for emotional distress.  You may also want to consider FMLA Leave and a claim for Short-Term and Long-Term Disability benefits.

If you suffer a personal injury, you should strongly consider seeking counsekl at once.  In my experience, employers see injured workers as expendable liabilities.  Further, the insurance companies that provide workers compensation and siability insurance, and who defend negligent parties, most often have one goal in mind:  pay you as little as possible.  They know how to "set you up" to achieve their ends.  Only an experienced attorney knows how to battle them to achive maximum recovery. 

No comments: