Thursday, March 4, 2010

Obama Signs COBRA Extension

Unemployment Appeal Lawyer With Offices in Paoli, Exton, King of Prussia, Plymouth Meeting, Radnor and Philadelphia Gives Free Consultations for Pennsylvania Unemployment Claims

Call 610-647-5027, e-mail me directly or send an e-mail inquiry via the "Fill Out My Form" box to the upper right of this page. We will respond promptly with an analysis of your situation, and discuss potential options going forward.

Please visit our Website for more information about our Philadelphia Employment Law Firm.

President Obama has signed the Temporary Extension Act of 2010 (H.R. 4691), approving a stopgap, 31-day extension of federal subsidies of COBRA health care premiums as allowed under The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).

ARRA initially allowed employees terminated between September 1, 2008 and February 28, 2010 to be eligible for a 65 percent COBRA subsidy.

Now, the COBRA premium subsidy is extended from March 1, 2010 through March 31, 2010. Without Obama's action, employees terminated involuntarily after February 28, 2010 would have been ineligible for the subsidy.

This measure will also allow employees to be eligible for the COBRA subsidy if a reduction in hours that took place prior to FebruaRY 28, 2010 is followed by a layoff during March 2010.

This is real good news, since medical coverage is virtually unattainable for many people without the COBRA reductioin. For more information, go to www.dol.gov/COBRA.

The Senate is scheduled to begin debate this week on extending the COBRA ARRA subsidy through December 31, 2010. We'll keep you posted.

Pennsylvania Unemployment Appeal Lawyer Serving Coatesville, Pottstown, Norristown, East Norriton, Malvern, Paoli, Downingtown, Media, Radnor, Newtown Square and Philadelphia Areas

We provide free initial consultations to discuss your unemployment claim, and to determine if you may have a claim for discrimination, wrongful discharge or unpaid wages.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this site from my pal who told me regarding this web page and now this time I am visiting this website and reading
very informative posts at this time.
My web page: UAE Law Firm

Anonymous said...

I worked at a natural gas drilling company and we were slowing Down for months. We worked 90 hour weeks and for 3 months I was only working 40 hour weeks. Lost a lot of over time. And was making less. We work on a 14 day rotation. And 7 off. During the start of my work week my supervisor said since I was not given many hours over the last couple of months and since I was doing such a great job and we were slow and had 3 work trucks just parked that I could use one everyday. I lived close to the location we were working. On normal work locations we all shared a truck to and from hotel. The guy that went to the hotel had there truck and since I went home they let me use there truck. During the last weekend I was working I was suppose to work Sunday but not sat. They told me not to come in Sunday. They were over hours for people to work. There was a new supervisor coming onto shift. I was told to turn in truck, computer and serval other thing to him. I called him Monday morning and he told me that he wouldn't be there til late Monday and just to turn it in Tuesday and go over everything that our shift did during his week off and my week on. So I called Tuesday and he said he was there and was heading up to him, and the office called and said to bring the truck back to the office. So I did. Was on my week of and then following week I had a schedule vacation. Went on vacation and when I got back my name as well as 25 other people were taking off the schedule. Text my supervisor and asked if I was laid off and he said "yes as for now". Signed up for UC and 3 weeks later didn't get any and got a letter saying I was terminated because of a rule violation. "Using the work truck" and I was told I was allowed to. So I have been fighting this since August 5. Should I get UC and the other ? Is the appeal for my court date is taking forever. Is there a statue if limitations for my court date? I called UC and they said they received everything just waiting to figure out where my thing will take place. But do they have this long to figure it out? Been going on 3 months!! And living off of nothing!

Anonymous said...

I worked at a natural gas drilling company and we were slowing Down for months. We worked 90 hour weeks and for 3 months I was only working 40 hour weeks. Lost a lot of over time. And was making less. We work on a 14 day rotation. And 7 off. During the start of my work week my supervisor said since I was not given many hours over the last couple of months and since I was doing such a great job and we were slow and had 3 work trucks just parked that I could use one everyday. I lived close to the location we were working. On normal work locations we all shared a truck to and from hotel. The guy that went to the hotel had there truck and since I went home they let me use there truck. During the last weekend I was working I was suppose to work Sunday but not sat. They told me not to come in Sunday. They were over hours for people to work. There was a new supervisor coming onto shift. I was told to turn in truck, computer and serval other thing to him. I called him Monday morning and he told me that he wouldn't be there til late Monday and just to turn it in Tuesday and go over everything that our shift did during his week off and my week on. So I called Tuesday and he said he was there and was heading up to him, and the office called and said to bring the truck back to the office. So I did. Was on my week of and then following week I had a schedule vacation. Went on vacation and when I got back my name as well as 25 other people were taking off the schedule. Text my supervisor and asked if I was laid off and he said "yes as for now". Signed up for UC and 3 weeks later didn't get any and got a letter saying I was terminated because of a rule violation. "Using the work truck" and I was told I was allowed to. So I have been fighting this since August 5. Should I get UC and the other ? Is the appeal for my court date is taking forever. Is there a statue if limitations for my court date? I called UC and they said they received everything just waiting to figure out where my thing will take place. But do they have this long to figure it out? Been going on 3 months!! And living off of nothing!